Newborns have very weak defense against various microorganisms. This is why it is vital for parents to maintain a clean environment for the baby.
Today, we will discuss about caring for the sensitive eyes of your newborn baby.
Simple Ways and Methods to Care For Your Baby’s Sensitive Eyes
- Make sure that your baby’s environment is clean, warm, and comfortable. Before you hold or touch the baby’s body especially the sensitive parts, always wash your hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap and water.
- Get a clean and warm washcloth or you can use cotton balls and dampen them with warm water.
When you start cleaning the baby’s eyes, gently clean the corners and outside of the eye by wiping the eyes using an in-to-out movement (from the corners of the eyes moving towards the side).
- Do not ever attempt to clean under the lids of your baby.
- Do not rub your baby’s skin too much. Avoid poking the eyes. It is important to be gentle at all times and slowly clean the sensitive eyes of your child.
- You must use a different washcloth or cotton ball for each eye and discard after each use to prevent the spread of dirt and infection.
- Based on some proven studies, cotton wool balls are not safe to use when cleaning your baby’s eyes. This type of cotton ball, especially the ones with small cotton strands, may enter the eyelid which may result in damaging the cornea of your baby.
- When you give your baby a bath, use cleansing solutions that are mild and free from alcohol and perfume. Use a baby shampoo or body wash for newborns to avoid stinging your baby’s eyes.
- Avoid overdoing the cleaning for the eyes of your baby. It is best to clean his or her eyes only when necessary like when the baby only has blocked tear ducts. This condition is common to newborn babies and this may sometimes result to an eye infection.
- When your baby starts to have eye infection and you notice some significant eye swelling, consult your pediatrician so he or she will most likely to refer you to an eye specialist particularly a pediatric ophthalmologist to check up and evaluate your baby.
- Avoid doing things or any methods that you think will work for your baby. It is best to let the opthalmologist examine the eyes of your baby.
- Nowadays, we are used to many latest high-tech gadgets such as android phones and tablets. Do not let your newborn watch into your gadget. Most of the parents today commonly use their phones or tablets to themselves entertained or distract their babies and children away from them if the parents are doing something or busy all the time. Take the gadget away from them for now and let them watch when they are older for just very short periods of time. Constant radiation from phones and tablets will greatly affect their vision and may damage their eyes.
Caring for the sensitive eyes of your baby require extra effort and it is best to ask your doctor when it comes in your child’s health. Cleaning the eyes of your baby must be a gentle process. Doing this will help your little one get comfortable about getting his eyes cleaned.
BEST FOR STRETCH MARKS, BEST FOR BABY!
BELTA MOTHER CREAM IS A TW0-IN-ONE PRODUCT THAT EFFECTIVELY PREVENTS AND HEALS STRETCH MARKS AND CAN BE USED AS A BABY CREAM TO PROTECT YOUR NEWBORN’S SENSITIVE SKIN! CHECK OUT THIS PREMIUM ORGANIC BESTSELLER FROM JAPAN BY CLICKING HERE!