In the last article, we talked about the history and background of body types, and identifying your own body type. Today, we will get to understand more about the proper exercises that you must do according to your body type in order to shape your body the right way.
In the second part of this article series, we provide you a useful guide on how to bring out the best of your body type.
For ectomorphs, who want to trim body fat, and allow their lean muscle to show, it’s wise to build extra muscle mass with a specific resistance training routine that provides a mix of both compound movements with heavy weights and a high volume of isolation exercises. These are moves that directly target the biceps and triceps, for example, and done in the proper order.
People with this body type generally have to build up strength, power, and muscle fibers simultaneously, which can be quite hard. The goal is to maximize muscular hypertrophy which means increasing the number of muscle cells and muscle fiber size. Thus, having additional muscle mass actually requires more energy to sustain them, which leads to the increase of your metabolic rate. It will also help you stay leaner, and you’ll have an easy-to-maintain regimen for the long haul.
If you try adopting an intense weight-lifting program along with a wholesome diet, you will soon notice that you can trim unwanted body fat and positively reshape your body. Remember that building muscle mass is the key to long-term fat loss. With more muscle, you’ll look fitter and better because muscle is denser than body fat, and it gives your body definition.
Below are some of the pointers you need to remember in order to properly perform the exercises:
1. Focus on gaining muscle and doing less cardio. It is important to do strength training through body-weight exercises while still getting the cardio burn with calisthenic-type moves. You can do this by performing a circuit of 10 full-depth squats, 10 burpees (without pushups), 10 push-ups, and 10 V-ups in a row, then rest for 30 seconds and repeat. Do five rounds of this (for up to 15 minutes total), two or three times per week.
2. For the resistance training front, focus on compound movements which are exercises that use multiple joints and muscles such as deadlifts and squats with dumbbells to promote strength and functionality. You need to do weight training three times per week.
Having a body type that burns less calories than other types, your entire workout program should be structured around consistent cardiovascular exercise, with small amounts of weight training used for extra toning. So, most of your exercises should use multiple body parts, which will boost your metabolism and burn more calories.
Try performing shorter cardio sessions as many days of the week as you can. If possible, you should do your cardio on an empty stomach like immediately in the morning prior to breakfast. Don’t worry about running out of energy during this time because you’ll be exercising an area that targets storage fat as the primary energy source.
Here are some pointers for you to consider about exercises for this body type:
1. Try using the elliptical trainer, cycling, hiking, power walking, water aerobic
2. For weight training, try doing a short, full body exercise circuit two to three times per week, with minimal rest between sets. 12-15 reps per set and 2-4 sets per exercise.
3. You should change up your weight training exercises at least once every four weeks. Remember that as your cardio burns fat, your weight training will be causing slight increases in muscle.
4. Squats, deadlifts, lunges, pull-ups, rows, presses, and other compound exercises are your best choices and some ideal ways to maximize fat loss.
With strong legs, broad shoulders, and a narrower waist, a person with this body type is able to gain muscle easily. Many of the mesomorphs don’t think that they need to know the right foods to eat or how they should train because they just lose body fat and gain muscle anyway. Simply, they are contented with the basic nutrition and training fundamentals.
If you want to further enhance your body shape, here are some pointers to remember:
1. Try different kinds of training to develop your muscles and body strength.
2. You can try light to heavy weight trainings.
3. Perform some basic exercises such as squats, lunges, deadlifts, rows, chest press, shoulder press and many more with heavy weights, followed by isolation exercises with moderate/light weights.
4. For most of your exercises, go for 8-12 reps. For leg training, you can add heavy weights with around 6 reps and light or no weights at around 25-30 reps for 3-5 sets.
Not everyone has the same kind of body. By knowing and accepting your own body type, you’ll be able to figure out the most effective exercises suitable for you. So give yourself the ability to be the best you can be in every way. The aforementioned guide enables you to discover a huge part of who you are and how you should approach your lifestyle.
Learn to identify your body type! Go to this page.
IF YOU NEED TO JUMPSTART YOUR WEIGHT LOSS PROJECT, WE HAVE AN EFFECTIVE JAPANESE SOLUTION THAT HELPS YOUR METABOLISM, CHECK OUT OUR TESTIMONIAL ON BELTA RAW DRINK! GO TO THIS PAGE!