Scientific studies have shown that there exists an essential nutritious diet in order for one to become fertile and have a successful pregnancy. From your digestion to your gut health, food, and all the things connected in this matter play a crucial role in enhancing your fertility.
In this article, we are going to discuss about top foods for fertility, the significance of a healthy diet in helping you to conceive easily, and list of healthy fruits and vegetables typically found locally and in Asian markets.
Significance of A Healthy Diet in Optimizing Your Fertility
According to the book “Eat Yourself Pregnant”, the appropriate nutrients give you the right building blocks for making a baby. Because your diet is one that you have carved out for yourself, you should be able to sustain it in the long term and so properly enhance your chances of conceiving.
First of all, how healthy is your digestion? Knowing that fertility starts in the gut, it is required to eat foods loaded in key nutrients in order for your hormones to be fertile. If you notice that you suffer from these conditions such as bloating and/or abdominal pain, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation and diarrhea, or heartburn, search for ways to improve your nutrient absorption and you also need to have detox.
Why need for detox? Based on several studies, detoxing or eating pure and organic foods for a couple of days a week helps to regulate hormones, lower cholesterol, balance blood sugar and improve digestion. So, look for foods which are necessary for you to benefit from a fertility cleanse.
Also, check if your blood sugar is stable. High levels of insulin in the blood lead to fluctuations in your blood sugar, causing energy highs and lows which result in hormonal imbalance. This can entirely affect negatively in the woman’s ovulation. So, integrate food recipes that may help in balancing your blood sugar levels.
Moreover, how about your acid-alkaline balance? Too much acidic food in your diet places a strain on your liver and kidneys, leading to an increase in toxicity. These organs are essential for eliminating toxic wastes in your body. This will result in depletion of body nutrients vital for reproduction. Additionally, sperm will survive longer and most likely in a slightly alkaline environment.
Ways to Improve Your Fertility Through Food Diet
The book “The Fertility Diet”explains that “good” fats, whole grains, and plant protein help guard against ovulatory infertility, while “bad” fats, refined carbohydrates, and red may contribute to it.
In this section, we provide you some useful ways that offer a powerful boost in fertility for women:
1. Avoid trans fats, the artery-clogging fats found in many commercially prepared products and fast foods.
2. Use more unsaturated vegetable oils, such as olive oil or canola oil.
3. Eat more vegetable protein, like beans and nuts, and less animal protein.
4. Choose whole grains and other sources of carbohydrates that have lower, slower effects on blood sugar and insulin rather than highly refined carbohydrates that quickly boost blood sugar and insulin.
5. Drink a glass of whole milk or have a small dish of ice cream or full-fat yogurt every day; temporarily trade in skim milk and low- or no-fat dairy products like cottage cheese and frozen yogurt for their full fat cousins.
6. Take a multivitamin that contains folic acid and other B vitamins.
7. Get plenty of iron from fruits, vegetables, beans, and supplements but not from red meat.
8. It is great to drink lots of water. Coffee, tea, and alcohol are ok in moderation while avoid sugary sodas like cola drinks.
List of Best Fertility Foods
In this section, we are glad to provide you an informative list of the best fertility foods available locally and around Asian markets as well.
Fruits and Veggies
- Bok Choy
- Kangkong or Watercress
- Seaweed or Laver
- Olive oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Brown rice
- Buckwheat noodles
- Gabi or Taro
- Kamote or Sweet Potato
- Kamoteng Kahoy or Cassava
- Chicken without fat
- Pork without fat
- Beef without fat
- Coldwater fish like salmon, tuna, and sardines
- Organic eggs
- Nuts and seeds
- Whole milk
- Agave syrup
- Maple syrup
Therefore, by changing the way you eat and making a few other lifestyle changes, you could fulfill your dream of having a baby. Also, you can decrease your risk of health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and cancer by eating the right way. Remember that the way you eat affects your entire body system including your reproductive health.
HERE IS A QUICK, FUN READ FOR YOU: 16 FACTS OF PREGNANCY! GO TO THIS PAGE.
ARE THERE ANY INFLUENCES OF PREGNANCY SEX ON MISCARRIAGE? CLICK ON THIS PAGE!
These PREGNANCY SEX POSITIONS are doctor-recommended and voted MOST FUN AND PLEASURABLE! Go to this page.
EFFECTIVE STRETCH MARK PREVENTION CAN ONLY COME FROM ORGANIC PRODUCTS FROM JAPAN! CHECKOUT THE COMPONENTS OF BELTA MOTHER CREAM ON THIS PAGE!