Skincare and beauty trends are constantly on the rise. As these continue to influence people in the competition for the best skincare and makeup routine, consumers are pressured to either upgrade, or change their products and practices to attain a flawless look.
This massive campaign for beauty has given chase for women who, in their attempt to project the appearance of youthful glow, resort to cosmetics and even potentially dangerous pharmaceuticals. But the thing to remember is that true beauty is more than skin deep, and does not involve a complicated (or pricey) routine like most people tend to assume.
In this article, we are going to bring you back to the basics of skincare and discuss steps to maintain a clean and healthy skin naturally.
To Keep a Fresh and Healthy Skin
- 1. The skin provides a direct reflection of what’s happening inside the body
- 2. Common prescriptions such as antibiotics and steroids typically don’t cure the true underlying problem.
- 3. The skin possesses a delicate pH balance and community of bacteria that are crucial for its health.
- 4. What you eat can have a big effect on your skin. The gut’s health is directly related to our skin’s health.
- 5. The products that you apply on your skin affect internal health.
Knowing what your body needs is essential to acquire a beautiful and clean skin. Be conscious about the products that you apply on your face and body. Avoid getting carried away by the latest skincare trend promoted on the internet, TV, and other media, without checking the facts.
Our skin has its own regenerating capability but because of the environmental aggressors and various biological processes that occur, its health may be compromised.
It is also like a window that enables us to see the current state inside our bodies. So topically soothing the symptoms is only secondary to internal care. We provide you the six pillars of Clear Skin Diet based on the book “The Clear Skin Diet” by Nina and Randa Nelson:
- 1. Plant foods only, no animal products – Focus on eating whole grains, legumes, fruits, and vegetables
- 2. Unrefined starches should be the cornerstone of your diet – Consume “comfort foods” like rice, potatoes, breads, pastas, corn, sweet potatoes, and oatmeal. Starches are low in fat, low in calories, and high in satiation. They are loaded with vitamins and minerals and always contain generous amounts of healthy vegetable protein.
- 3. Avoid all oils – Avoid vegetable oils such as olive, corn, safflower, canola, flaxseed, and coconut oil.
- 4. Avoid high-fat plant foods – These foods include nuts, seeds, nut butters, olives, coconuts, and avocados. You are not going to eat these foods during the process of halting the progression of your acne and healing your skin. Once your acne has cleared, you can experiment if you like adding these types of foods back into your diet, one at a time. This is like a reverse-elimination diet.
- 5. Eat whole or organic foods, food as grown, minimally processed – Avoid refined foods but go for all organic and pure.
- 6. Drink lots and lots of water – make a conscious effort to drink more water because it boost blood flow and can help clear toxins.
- 7. Get a good night’s sleep – Get 8-10 hours of sleep a night to function at your best. Try to make your room as dark as possible, as even a small amount of light can interfere with your sleep. Avoid intense exercise before bed, and stay away from bright artificial light like your TV, phone, or computer screen.
- 8. Just chill and slow down – If you’re feeling stressed and anxious, think about ways to take action. Review your schedule and look for ways to give yourself more time to finish work or school projects, learn new relaxation exercises or talk to a professional to untangle your complicated feelings.
- 9. Exercise – Exercise to improve your overall body health.
- 10. Stop drinking coffee – Caffeine can impact your stress levels and it can influence your hormones and blood sugar. It could potentially dehydrate your skin.
- 11. Avoid alcohol – Alcohol can depress your immune system. So quit drinking entirely or reserve social drinking for very special occasions only.
- 12. Avoid smoking – Smoking slows the healing process and it causes wrinkles and premature aging.
- 13. Have a simple skincare routine – Just use the basic cleansing, toning, and moisturizing (CTM) method. Avoid using harsh chemical exfoliants. Instead, use mild chemical exfoliants with PHA that is safe for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
Just like weight loss, great skin is never achieved through a single solution. It is the result of a commitment to small habits that complement each other and work together over time. These everyday practices are often overlooked or taken for granted, but these seemingly inconsequential routines are actually the very essence of flawless skin.
CHECK OUT A QUICK AND EASY ‘GLASS SKIN’ TIP FROM ASKMEWHATS.COM! GO TO THIS PAGE.
MANAGE YOUR CLEANSING ROUTINE AND SKIN WILL ALWAYS LOOK GOOD WITH OR WITHOUT MAKEUP!
YOUR BEST INVESTMENT IS PALCLAIR CREAMIEUX! VITAMIN PACKED, 100% ORGANIC, AND FORMULATED FOR ALL SKIN TYPES (ESPECIALLY SENSITIVE SKIN), PALCLAIR CREAMIEUX PREVENTS BREAKOUTS AND CURES PIMPLES BY REMOVING DEEP SEATED DIRT AND NOURISHING YOUR SKIN. MADE IN JAPAN! CHECK OUT MORE DETAILS ON THIS PAGE.
IF YOU THINK THAT HUMAN STEM CELLS ARE TOO EXPENSIVE – then it’s time to try RE Placenta Serum! It is the first human stem cell serum that contains the three major anti-aging components that are not only effective, but now made affordable. Made with high-quality standards, RE Placenta Serum is manufactured only in Japan – a world leader in skincare technology.
THESE ARE 10 REASONS WHY IT MAY BE DIFFICULT TO GET PREGNANT! GO TO THIS PAGE.
ARE THERE ANY INFLUENCES OF PREGNANCY SEX ON MISCARRIAGE? CLICK ON THIS PAGE!
HOW SOON CAN YOU HAVE SEX AFTER CHILDBIRTH? WILL IT HURT? CHECKOUT SOME TIPS AND ANSWERS ON THIS PAGE.
PREGNANT? CHECKOUT WHY “SEX IS MORE PLEASURABLE DURING PREGNANCY” ON THIS PAGE.