Since the days of old, makeup has been a part of women’s lives. Although it is not a bad thing to wear it, you might want to consider how to look good flaunting your natural beauty without covering your face in lots of foundation.
So in this article, we will discuss how you can take beautiful photos without wearing full makeup!
Your Guide to Looking Great in a Photo
Do you notice how some people always come out perfect in photos? However, as many of us already know, in reality they aren’t always the most beautiful of the species but they do know some clever tricks which project character and make them look interesting and very appealing.
In this section, we provide you some useful tips and ways to look beautiful in your photos (sans heavy coverage).
- 1. First, properly cleanse your face with a hydrating cleanser. Then, apply a purifying mask to your T-zone area to clear out your pores, leave it for 5-10 minutes and rinse well. To make your face have a subtle sheen, apply a honey mask all over your face, leave it for 5-10 minutes and rinse well afterwards to intensify the hydration of your skin. Use a restoring serum, a nourishing sheet mask, or a moisturizer to lock in all the hydration and maintain your skin’s healthy barrier. It is important to always massage your face while applying some hydration and moisture inside your skin.
- 2. Style your hair according to your preference or theme of the photoshoot.
- 3. For glasses wearers, avoid over applying makeup because it will be magnified by the lens. Consider taking off your glasses for photos, or move your chin down slightly so lenses don’t catch a glare.
- 4. Avoid going after the makeup trends. It is important to know what is suitable and appropriate for the event where you’re going to have your photo taken. Consider what is proper according to your age. Remember that simplicity is beauty and elegance.
- 5. Don’t put too much foundation. If your face is not that particularly blemished or spotty, you just need a tone-up cream or a color-correcting (CC) cream to brighten up your face.
- 6. For more natural and real “no makeup” look, use a hydrating sunscreen made with organic, or inorganic but safe, ingredients or a tinted sunscreen as your base. Use a sponge to tap the product gently on your face so it can adhere better.
- 7. Use an eyelash curler to glam up your lashes. Curl them normally and tilt it the the left and right and get the short eyelashes at the front and back. You just need a very little mascara as you brush your eyelashes in various directions to make them resemble a fan. Just barely coat your lower lashes with a light mascara.
- 8. A natural-looking eyeshadow such as in beige and light pink colors can be applied lightly on your eyelids to make your eyes really stand out in photos.
- 9. For a clear and translucent look, apply some cream blush with a silky finish or semi-gloss or if you’re on a budget, your red lipstick to stain the apples of your cheek to give warmth and glow on your face. Choose a slightly scarlet or fuchsia color to give your blush a watercolor effect on your cheeks as you slowly build up the color.
- 10. It is better to get your colors applied first on your face to avoid messing up your base makeup.
- 11. If you have pigmentation and pimples, dab some tiny bits of concealer that matches the color of your face on the areas for cover up. If you don’t have blemishes, just cover up the capillaries or small veins around your nose and dark circles under your eyes. Always start with less so you can layer afterwards if it is necessary. Follow it up with a translucent powder to set.
- 12. You can do some contouring in your nose area to accentuate your facial features.
- 13. Groom your eyebrows with an eyebrow brush and slightly color them naturally.
- 14. Color your lips with a natural tint similar to your lip color.
- 15. Build a positive attitude while showing your self-confidence to the camera.
- 16. Practice. Find your best angles.
- 17. Try tilting your head slightly to emphasize your bone structure to look relaxed and friendly.
Now that you have made your best effort to look good, consider various scenarios that will make good memories. It could be a candid photo of an ordinary day with your colleagues in a crowded cafe when everyone is happy to take a break, or a photo of yourself busy with a hobby, or a good day with your beloved pet – the options are endless!
These are the best times of your life and it won’t do making all these preparation just to take a boring selfie that does not tell a story except your glammed up face. So think hard and level up.
Good photos are not about looking perfect. Truly beautiful people realize that all the beauty tips and makeup in the world are just icing on the cake. The right makeup and clothes might help you to look better, but to be a real character that attracts attention, it is essential to take engaging photos that connect not only visually, but especially emotionally and psychologically. So incorporate the “human factor” into your photos and let your inner gorgeous self shine through.